arts integration specialist
Teaching literacy, scene and character development through theater and music study (grades 3-5). Storytelling without words (grades 2-5). Math and Science arts integrated lessons through visual art (grades K-3). Basic acting for elementary and middle school students. Scene study, physical acting, team-building exercises, monologue and audition preparation.
Experience in directing elementary and middle school students.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor of Science, Theater Studies & Performance Towson University, Baltimore, MD
Associate of Arts, Music Performance Howard Community College, Columbia, MD
Teaching Artist Institute II, Arts Integration Young Audiences, Baltimore, MD
Summary of Professional Experience
Over 25 years in music and theater performance. Over 15 years sales and customer service. 10 years administrative experience. Possesses solid background in research. Excellent verbal and written skills. Strong classroom management skills. Manages well under extreme pressure. Adaptable, energetic, creative individual with the ability to lend excitement to any environment.
Young Audiences Summer Arts & Learning Academy (May 2015– Present)
ARTS INTEGRATION EDUCATOR
- Create individualized learning plans and check-in activities for individual students who exhibit attention or cognitive difficulties;
- Construct and differentiate weekly Arts Exploration theater workshops for students Kindergarten through Second Grade that focus on the basic elements of theater, collaboration and creating scenes without words;
- Provide continuous supervision to children, ensuring health and safety during regular school days and field trips; keep records of children’s daily progress, routines and interest and assist site managers as needed;
- Administer individual comprehensive cognitive and intellectual assessments to identify strengths and weaknesses within a student’s abilities as well as academic and creative performance; cultivate and creatively present arts integrated lesson plans using a variety of materials and resources, including technology.
- Co-create sample arts integrated lessons for new teaching artist; assist in training, mentoring and advising incoming and new SALA artists.
McKinnon Acting Studio (January 2017 – Present)
HEAD OF YOUTH DIVISION / ASSISTANT ADULT DIVISION COACH
- Co-create curriculum for Youth Division which focuses on NYC style film and television acting and audition technique for young actors and the business of acting for parents;
- Successfully teach on-camera acting technique to students aged 6+ and other skills which includes scene work, monologue delivery, character development and line memorization;
- Mentor parents, teaching families important business tools such as budgeting for your child’s acting career, how to select a headshot photographer, keeping track of business expenses and other important industry information.
- Assist in coaching and directing adult students; lessons for Adult Division focus on finding character objectives, character development, scene analysis, preparing cold reads, and audition prep.
- Provide one-on-one, private training, coaching and audition recording services for all students.
Single Carrot Theatre (September 2015 – June 2016)
- Responsible for creating innovative, arts integrated theater lessons and instruction which supported cognitive, emotional, social, and academic growth of the students;
- Managed and directed Spring production for elementary school students which focused on folk and fairy tales learned throughout school year;
- Produced and directed middle school Spring production: Baltimore themed adaptation of Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet which included hip-hop dance, step routines and fight choreography;
- Co-created production and design assignments for middle school students to help develop critical thinking and problem solving skills; assignments included marking all entrances and exits throughout the adapted script, listing all props needed throughout production, designing costumes for individual characters and other production related tasks.